Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The only book I read that has more than 100 pages is the Bible. Well actually that is the only book I read (besides with Kyla). I wasn't going to do this meme until I opened up my Bible to read the chapters for my Sunday school lesson this week and it was Exodus 12 - 13 (pages 121 - 125).
So here it is Kelley...
1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open it to page 123.
3. Scroll down to the 4th sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 5 sentences.
5. Post the name of the book and the author.

Exodus 12:30 - 35

30. Pharaoh and all his officials and all the Egyptians got up during the night, and there was loud wailing in Egypt, for there was not a house without someone dead.

31. During the night Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron and said, "Up! Leave my people, you and the Israelites! Go, worship the LORD as you have requested.

32. Take your flocks and herds, as you have said, and go. And also bless me."

33. The Egyptians urged the people to hurry and leave the country. "For otherwise," they said, "we will all die!"

34. So the people took their dough before the yeast was added, and carried it on their shoulders in kneading troughs wrapped in clothing.

35. The Israelites did as Moses instructed and asked the Egyptians for articles of silver and gold and for clothing.

Author of Exodus: Moses

Author of the Bible: God

8 comments:

Kelley said...

Thanks, Jen. It's good to know you're still out there. I miss you...

Tera said...

i still have that 1001 creative writing ideas for you :)
childhood memories are always good!

Tera said...

ok, i am going to post a new possible topic for your blog everyday until you write about one of them. i know your busy with classes and your probably sick of looking at the computer too...but you have to take a break sometime!! ok here is my writing idea of the day:

my earliest memory (which, conviently, probably includes me!) :)

ps...although i'm sure you'll miss my comment of the day, i will be camping until monday night so this is the perfect opportunity for you to write something (a meme or a tag doesn't count!) before i get back in town to annoy you again.
love,
me

Tera said...

attempt #2:

my favorite teacher

Tera said...

#3...
the hardest thing i've ever had to do...

Tera said...

i think i missed a day, but i just really don't have time to keep up with this ya know! i thought surely you would cave in to the pressure and write by now!!

#4-my best birthday ever ( in honor of Dave's birthday!)

Tera said...

#5...the best vacation ever...

Tera said...

i give up!